You can get to know about the functions, processes, uses, and importance of the Big Technology Data. In August 2015, Big Data beyond ranking of emerging technologies that Gartner's Hype Cycle and created a big echo to the technology trends of the world.
Big Data - What does it mean?
If you don't yet understand or miss important information about the technology of Big Data, this article will help you update the most detailed information about all what you need to know about Big Data technology
As defined by Gartner: "Big Data is the property information, but this information may block large amounts of data, high-speed data and diverse, requiring new technologies to process efficiently to bring out decisions effectively, discover the hidden elements in the data and optimize the process of data processing "
let's dig deeper and understand this in a simpler way.
The term "Big Data" is a very large data sets that conventional computing techniques cannot handle. The term "Big Data" refers not only to data but only data structure, tools, and related technologies.
The advancement of technology, the advent of new communication channels such as social networks and devices new technology more advanced posed challenges for the industry, different must find other ways to handle data.
Since its formation until the end of 2003, worldwide there are only about 5 billion gigabytes of data. Also such an amount of data generated in only 2 days in 2011. By 2013, the volume of data generated every 10 minutes itself. Therefore, no surprise that 90% of worldwide data current is generated in a few years.
All these data are extremely useful, but it has been neglected before the term "Big Data" is born.
Recipes: Learn about Big Data technology and you can step into the industry of this big data science. These certifications can assist you: professional certification training or in Big Data technologies such as Impala, Cassandra, Spark and Scala.
The main source Big Data creation:
- Black box data: This is data that is generated by the aircraft, including jets and helicopters. Black box data include information generated by the voice of the crew, recordings, and information about the flight.
- Data from social media channels: This is data that is created and developed by such websites social media like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+.
- Stock Exchange data: This is data from the stock market to buy and sell decisions shares made by customers.
- Power data: This is data generated by electricity. It includes specific information from the point of intersection of the user information button.
- Traffic data: data included accommodating and transport patterns, availability and distance traveled by each vehicle.
- Data search devices: this is the data that is generated from the search engines and this is also the largest source of data of Big Data. Search engine database has extremely large, where they can find the data they need.
In addition, Bernard Marr, expert analyzes Big Data and Big Data, has released a list of 20 reputable sources Big Data that people can access for free on the site. Here are some examples:
- Data.gov - where people are allowed to freely access all of the US government data includes information ranging from climate to crime are in custody.
- Data.gov.uk - similar places of the British Government. Here, people can gather metadata on all books and publications of the UK since 1950.
- There is also the US Bureau of Census - includes valuable information such as population number, geographical and other data. A similar data warehouse is opening the European Union, including the census data of the European Union institutions.
- And a favorite of our stuff that is Facebook. The chart of Facebook gives us information and interface applications, after visiting the public information provided by the user.
- In the medical field, it is Healthdata.gov US and Information Center of Health Care and Social NHS, from the UK.
Big Data is not just about the volume of data but also the diversity and growth of the data. In 2001, Doug Laney-an expert in the field of data analysis has defined the Big Data with 3 from V: velocity (speed), volume (volume), and variety (variety).
The speed of the direct increase in data every minute, currently, very difficult to be able to handle Big Data timeliness. Smart meters, sensors, and RFID makes Big Data becomes necessary more than ever to deal with the string of data in real time. Most organizations are struggling to react to a quick increase in data.
A few years ago, not too hard to save data. However, the increased capacity and reduced storage costs, the industry uses remote DBA support are currently focused on how relevant data can create value.
The diversity of today's data more than a few years ago. The data are classified as structured data (databases), semi-structured data (the data in XML format), and unstructured data (media and record the data in the form of PDF, Word, and text files). Many companies are struggling with the management and merging different data types.
Authenticity (data quality), transformation (the inconsistency of the data), and complex (when dealing with large volumes of data from different sources) are the other important features of the data.
A few other values of Big Data:
1. Today's customers are very demanding. They often talk to the former client on social channels and considering different decisions before the purchase. A client wants to be treated to personalize and receive a thank you after the purchase. With Big Data, you can get the customer behavior data to attract them to one - another in an about real time. Big Data help you can check the customer's complaints and information about the products that they are not satisfied. From there, you can manage your business reputation.
2. Big Data help you grow back your product/service that you are selling. Information that other people talking about your product, through the social networking site to help you in developing products.
3. Big Data allows you to test different variations of the image CAD (Computer Aided Design) to identify small changes in how to influence the process or product. This makes the big data invaluable in the production process.
4. Predictive analysis will help you stay ahead of the competition. Big Data can create this condition, for example, scan and analyze new social network news and press reports, Big Data helps you to check the status of clients, suppliers and other stakeholders in order to avoid risks.
5. Big Data useful in keeping data safe. Big Data tool helps you map the data processing processes of your company, to help you in analyzing the internal threat. For example, you will know that your sensitive information is protected or not. A more specific example is you will be able to flag the email or hosting 16 digits (which could, potentially, have your credit card number).
6. Big Data allows you to diversify your revenue sources. Large data analysis can provide you the trend data can help you figure out a whole new source of revenue.
7. Your website needs dynamically so that it can compete favorably in the crowded online environment. Analyze Big Data help you personalize the look, feel and content for the appropriate clients when visiting your site. For example, country or gender. An example of this is the Amazon's IBC (filter based on the relevant item together) using the "People you may know" or "Usually purchases together" to take out the filter results.
8. If you are managing a factory, Big Data extremely important because you will not be able to replace parts of the technology based on the number of months or years, this technology is used. This extremely expensive and impractical since different parts even won at various levels. Big Data allows you to detect and damage the equipment will anticipate when you should replace them.
9. Big Data is important in the healthcare industry, which is one of the few industries in the end still stuck with a common general approach. For example, assume you have cancer, you will go through a therapy and if it is not effective, your doctor will recommend a different treatment. Big Data allows cancer patients get drugs were developed based on individual genes.